Sunday, September 18, 2016

Hello guys I’m back with another Sunday blogging and today is all about home décor, mainly DIY’s.
I absolutely love DIY’s they are super easy to make and most of all cheap. DIY is the new trend in home décor and has taken the world by storm. DIY’s if I’m being honest just make life simpler.  They have become so popular among people because it showed everyone that they don’t have to spend an arm and a leg to have nice home décor, just grab a few old home items and a pair of scissors and get creative!

My experiences with DIY's have been great and I have no complaints whatsoever about them.
 Displaying IMG_0477.JPGDisplaying IMG_0478.JPG
Displaying IMG_0476.JPG This is one of my favorite DIY's because it helped me with organization in my bedroom. As you can see I have a chalkboard in my room. The chalkboard came with magnetic chalk holders that unfortunately did not really work as they constantly fell off the chalkboard breaking the chalk. To fix this problem I simply took an empty coca-cola bottle and cut it into a simple cup shape, labeled it chalk, and pinned it to my wall this has helped keep my chalk in order and organized and I don't have to worry about them constantly falling.


Displaying IMG_0479.JPGDisplaying IMG_0480.JPGDisplaying IMG_0481.JPG
I also really love this DIY which is a Shoe-box desk organizer. This was so much fun to make and although it took a long time it was worth it because it looks great.

                                     Here's how to make your own (; Credits to Lolly Isabel

The last DIY I wanted to show you guys is a decorative sand DIY
Displaying IMG_0482.jpgThe "sand" holder I have on the left is also made from two Coca-cola bottles (  Yes I know, I drink a lot of soda (; I can't help it) they are actually two bottle tops that are hot glued facing each other. I used blue tape to cover the where I hot glued them together. The holder on the right is simply made from a jelly jar. The reason I put quotation marks on "sand" is because a lot of people actually go out and buy sand which can get expensive sometimes. You can go out and get sand but if you're like me, you would DIY that as well. My "sand" is actually salt and sugar colored with blue and green food coloring. When you color your sugar or sand please make sure they are completely dry because if you don't they will do just like mine and the colors will blend. I would recommend you let them dry overnight.

There's so many things people can do with DIY's and my motto for my DIY's is "when life gives you lemons make apple juice" otherwise meaning do the impossible.

Displaying PosterDM2.jpg




No comments:

Post a Comment