Saturday, December 3, 2016

     Hello everyone and welcome back to another Sunday blogging. Today I’m going to mix it up a little and have today’s topic be design hacks that can also be used a daily life hacks. I feel that it is important to be able to incorporate your designs in your everyday life as some people would decorate their home for a time but then throw away what they have if they don’t like it anymore. A person should always be able to embrace their furniture all year ‘round and not just for the holidays.


     The first hack I want to talk about is using wool (if you’re not allergic) within your home design. Wool can be used to make different things such as blankets for a bed or simply a throw on a sofa.
Wool Throw | Ivory and Gray Blanket:
Not only is the throw a nice accent piece to the furniture but it can also serve as a warm comfortable blanket which is needed now as we go into Winter.

The next hack involves using a stone or pebble floor mat not only as a decoration but to keep your shoes from tracking the house floor as well. Floor mats with stones or pebbles are not only modern and in style but they bring a nice low tone to a room as they mostly consist of black or brown stones/pebbles. They are for sure to turn guest’s heads and show that you have style and functionality.
Just finished this mat to go with my Bathroom Redo. It has a peculiar providence, I was mooching around the CB2 website, doing a little window shopping and I spotted a cool pebble mat like this fellow for $54. Me: 'Hey, I had that idea too!' I just didn't get around to doing it!" My Sweetie: "So you're saying they stole your idea from inside your head?" Me, kinda indignant: "YEAH" Him: "Would you like me to make you a tinfoil hat?" Crazy aside, here's how I made the mat. You will need: 1 Rub...:


I hope you guys enjoyed today’s post and I will definitely be posting for you once again next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment